You are at a crossroads when converting to a new database. Red Barn Advisors takes your data from the old system, refines and enhances it, and converts it into the new solution. It is important to thoughtfully advance methodically through a progressive series of steps.
- Evaluate structure of source data and target database
- Buildout target database to accept new data
- Structurally modify source data to fit database
- Refine the data by making it more clean, consistent and attractive
- Normalize terminology and naming conventions
- Prepare structure for anticipated developments in the foreseeable future.
A Data Conversion is a unique opportunity to preserve history, improve consistencies, optimize processes and gain long-term efficiencies which pay dividends into perpetuity.
The opposite is also true. A poor conversion of bad data to a mismatched structure can exacerbate the very issues you are seeking to resolve.
You have a unique opportunity during a conversion
Take this time to go beyond simply moving your data from one barn to another. Red Barn Advisors can work with you to:
- Normalize Codes
- Standardize Reports
- Retrain staff
- Make processes more linear and auditable
- Absorb complementing data
- Develop standards and create Standard Operating Procedures
- Reduce redundancies while creating checks and balances
- Improve interdepartmental connections
- Foster ownership and accountability