The goal is to eliminate redundant, contradictory and misplaced codes identified during the Audit process. Cleanup projects can also be focused on particular aspect of the system required to meet immediate needs.
- Normalize deceased, inactive, no valid address codes
- Standardize Constituent Codes and Attributes
- Work through episodic suppressions or solicit codes
- Clean up relationships – personal, educational, organizational
- Recommend gift coding structures which address campaign, fund and solicitation reporting
- Retrofit historical giving to match refined gift codes structures
- Develop a Portfolio of canned Reports. Custom report writings services area also available.
- Build core Queries and Exports
You can take comfort in a stable, consistent system built to be considerate of history, responsive to your needs and nimble as opportunities arise. The System Cleanup prepares the database structure and content for cultivation.
Consider a System Cleanup if...
- You know your system is a mess
- A recent conversion or integration complicated the data making it unusable
- Codes meaning the same thing live in multiple locations
- Contradictions in records cause lists and reports to be questionable
- Your stomach turns when you have to prepare a report for leadership
- “That’s the way it has always been done” is a bumper sticker on the Services team’s Cube
(the Nissan, not the Herman Miller).
Balance Your Need and Capacity: System Cleanup
Your Database Audit serves as a roadmap for next steps in the comprehensive stabiliation and optimization. In the case of select aspect cleanup, your needs and organizational developments guide enhancements.
Budget and need may not be in alignment. In these cases we explore ways to engage available internal capacity to complete select changes. The following is representative of how others have chosen to strike that balance.
- Red Barn Advisors Makes Changes
- Client and Red Barn Work Together
- Client Completes Guided Changes